
It seems like lately I've been getting a lot of, "You have your hands full," comments. Perhaps it's just because my kids are the cutest, most adorable, loudest kids around. Perhaps it's the sweat glow on my face as I chase the one kid and carry the other, all while trying to make sure that everything on my list gets checked off. Perhaps it's because the kids are close in age. I was even asked if they were twins…the person quickly realized before we could really answer that they are not twins. Good thing…I would have been worried.
We get it on walks…two big dogs, two kids in a wagon. I actually had a lady ask me last night how we did it. (meaning the kids and the dogs…) (It was almost funny because she herself had two kids and a wagon much like ours.)
I wasn't quite sure what to say, "It's not that hard…there are two of us adults…Well, I tie the leashes together and put the kids in the wagon," I finally stammered. It wasn't even like anyone was doing anything out of the ordinary at the time she asked. You know, like dogs chasing rabbit, kids screaming and jumping out of wagon. We were just peacefully walking along, huffing and puffing enjoying the fresh air. But apparently she thought we were doing something amazing. *wink*
And sure, there are times where life gets hectic. Both kids crying. No one happy. Saying, "No," much more than I would like. So I guess you could say I have my hands full at times. BUT…my response is almost always:
I would rather have my hands full than empty.
It's the honest truth. I don't take the fact that I have two kids lightly. There are some people who try for years to have children and for one reason or another can't. There are people who lose their children to horrible illnesses and tragedies. I, however, have…ahem…no trouble getting pregnant. *grin, wink* I'm thankful for the kids I have now and if there are any others who will join our Little Family then I will be thankful to have even 'fuller' hands.
4 comments:
I too like having my hands full! But what a great response to that statement, "I'd rather have my hands full than empty!". I'm SO going to use that one!! :) :)
Oh, can I use that line, too?! What a great response!
I get the same question all.the.time. My children aren't even close in age, and if I may say, they are usually quite behaved. I LOVE having my hands full! :)
How close are your 2? My first 2 are 14 months apart, and I got crazy comments ALL. THE.TIME! Especially asking if they were twins! Now with the baby, people just look at me like I am out of my mind crazy, but most days I LOVE it (and the other days, I just need more sleep!)
Post a Comment