Monday, May 4, 2009

Uninspired Inspiration

I'm feeling a lack of creative writing right about now. I want to be catchy, but honestly I'm having a hard time even getting my mind and fingers to connect. Backspace seems to be overused. I sit here and stare blankly at the screen, type a word or two, backspace…on and on the cycle goes.

I know that I am seriously behind in posting pictures. Let me explain. I have this new camera that's super cool. I am learning at the speed of a sloth how to use it. I also have the world's smallest memory card. To top it off, I don't know where the cord is to hook it up to the computer and I keep forgetting to ask Adam. So the few pictures I do have are trapped on the world's smallest memory card. Once they are freed I will share them with you, honest I will.

Until then…this past weekend…

We had a great weekend with Dana and her kids. Dana has been my best friend for, well practically forever. (Not to offend my other best friends, I do have several…she's just had the title for the longest!) We grew up together and used to teach each other how to turn on the light and paint walls. *wink*

We talked on the phone almost every single day and during the summer would spend as many nights together as we were allowed. Unfortunately for the past several years we have only been able to see each other twice since my wedding, once last summer when we took our vacation in Ohio, and this past weekend. (Side note: Adam suggested that our vacation last year be to Ohio so that I could see Dana. How many women have a man who takes them on vacation to see their best friend? Huh? Jealous yet?)

They were on their way to NC and stopped here for the night, so it was a pretty short visit, but we had a great time chasing the four kids around the house. The kids rode the train at the park, fed the ducks and played on the play ground. We were able to spend several almost rain free hours at the park, much to the kids enjoyment.

On the way back from the park we stopped at the firehouse for Adam to show Austin the fire trucks. He took him around the station, and Austin kept saying that he wanted to see the "guys." Adam kept saying, "That's me. I am the 'guy.'" Austin wanted to see the other guys…apparently Adam, off duty, wasn't quite good enough. So we went in and found one 'guy' who was doing very high tech firefighter stuff…changing the mop-head and cleaning the floor. Austin was satisfied.

Well, that's about it for me…all my ideas that are floating around in my head aren't seeming to be coming to the surface…I will write again soon when I can make sense out of it all. For now I am going to blame it on the fact that Logan has been waking up every two hours or so and will not stand for anything other than being fed. Yeah, sleep deprivation…that's my story and I'm sticking to it.


 


 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I so enjoyed reading your blog and plan on coming back!

:)