Update: I wrote this post yesterday. Obviously I couldn't post it, but felt compelled to write it anyway. For sanity I suppose…to feel connected even though I wasn't? Oh, I don't know…
Original (un)post:
I have lost an appendage. Somehow my internet arm has been cut off, with a promise of returning sometime in the next 24 (you're kidding me!) hours. I have remained calm during my 37 2 calls to Verizon. During each of these calls I have been informed that I can receive assistance by visiting Verizon.com. I'm sure I could if I COULD USE THE INTERNET. Ahem.
I am calm. I am calm.
I'm sure that somehow this separation is good for me. It's good to realize how much I depend on the internet…but I'd rather not think about the good it might be doing me right now. ;)
It is raining and therefore I cannot go outside with the kids to divert my attention. I have done some housework, played and read with the kids, failed at several attempts to give Logan a nap, made a few hair clips for Kaylee, sewed a dog-toy bunny back together…then realized I forgot to insert the squeaky part back in…darn, one less noisy thing around the house. I finished up some thank you cards, but will not actually mail them until I can get to the mailbox without the use of a boat, which I am guessing will be sometime this century.
I have thought of countless things that I need to do, only to realize that I need the internet. Of course I need the internet to post this blog, but I have to feel like I am getting something done by typing.
Alright, on to find more internetless projects. I will survive. I will survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment