Sunday, May 24, 2009

West Virginia 'n Stuff

It's been a little quiet here on the blog front. We got back from a quick trip to WV and got ready for a big family picnic on my birthday. Today we went to my parent's house for lunch…an almost every Sunday after church tradition.

Yesterday before the picnic we hit a few yard sales and I picked up a few good finds. I didn't spend much which is always the goal. If I get ambitious enough I will try to take a picture of what I got…but in all likelihood the finds will go straight from the washer and dryer into closets. I was able to find about 6 pairs of shoes (at least) for Logan when he gets a little bigger…total for all $2. Three really snazzy outfits for Logan…total $3 (we're talking pants, vests, shirts, the whole combo). I think I got Kaylee 3 dresses for $1 each. Then there were other shirts, pants and shorts for Logan for 50 cents each. Adam found an edger for doing flower beds so he and my dad were glad about that. Too bad we didn't have it a few days ago when we Adam slaved away. (I mean, I did help all day, just my work compared to Adam's doesn't stack up.) There are a few more things I am hoping to find in yard sales this summer, but Saturday was a pretty productive day. I even found a few things to give to my cousin who is getting ready to have her first baby.

Our trip to WV went quickly, as usual, but we had a great time. I've mentioned it in the past, but when we go it seems like everyone's goal is to feed us as much as they can. I feel somewhat like a cow when we leave…perhaps fitting for me since I'm nursing, but I will avoid going there. Ahem.

I've been having a lot of fun with the camera Adam got me. I have tons and tons to learn, so anyone who wants to can give me photography tips, websites, etc., to help improve my skills. We have taken several hundred pictures over the past few weeks. Most of them are deleted and are only for practice, but we've taken a bunch that are pretty cute.

There are some other new and exciting developments, but for now I will just leave you with a few pictures.

















1 comment:

Davene said...

I've been MIA from the world of blogging for much longer than I would have liked, but it's always fun to get back and catch up a bit!

These pictures are great! The fifth one is my favorite. :)