Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Finger Lickin' Good


We finally made it to the strawberry patch this season. My mom (Maga) and Adam's mom (Mimi) also went along. We had to wait for almost 30 minutes to get a row, so that time was spent picking and twirling flowers. I'm pretty sure that Kaylee's favorite part of the day was the short tractor ride from the main building to the patch across the street. Last year she was really into picking the berries, this year that was short lived. Instead, she had fun running from person to person, and eating what she could.

I didn't pick too much either because my hands weren't doing so well, so I followed everyone around and took pictures.

We had a good time, and although it might be as cheap and possibly easier to pick up strawberries at Costco we want the kids to have the experience of seeing where they grow and being able to help pick them. More fruit picking to come: blueberries, blackberries, peaches, and apples.






No comments: