You know when you are given a medication or have a procedure done and the doctor goes over all of the 547 different side effects/things that can go wrong? They tell you those things are rare and most likely everything will be fine. Fine, right? Mkay, I'll go ahead with it. Well, this week I learned that I was one of the rare 1 in thousands who has one of those complications. It was totally unexpected and totally God that we even found it because I wasn't having symptoms of this complication. So in less than two weeks I have to have surgery to correct this less than 1% chance this will happen, we hardly ever see it, you should be fine, problems.
In the span of less than 24 hours I went from thinking I was fine to having a surgery scheduled…talk about throwing us for a loop!
I'm not too excited about this. (understatement) But I am thankful we found it. I am thankful I am surrounded by so many people who can help during the weeks that I can't lift Kaylee. I was told that I should have had pain. I am thankful that I haven't. There are so many other things that could have gone wrong in association with this and none of them have happened. Obviously this is a huge financial burden we were not expecting, but we are blessed to be teaching a class that will cover most of the cost. That money was going to go to something else, but I am thankful that even before we knew about this problem the class was in the works.
God is so faithful, and even though it seems that it would have been easier for Him to never allow this complication to happen, we know that He will carry us through.
This 'occurrence' was not the fault of the doctor. In fact, I completely and fully trust the practice that I go to. (That's why I go there…) They were able to see me right away with no run-a-rounds with scheduling. I pray everything will continue to go smoothly and very soon this will just be another thing in the past.
4 comments:
Sorry you're having to go through this!! But please know that you are in our prayers! (When are you scheduled for surgery? Depending on when it is I can try and bring a meal.)
Kristen, I'm so sorry to hear this! Please keep me posted. You are in my prayers.
bummer ~
i'll be praying for ya - keep me posted!
How are ya doing? Have you had surgery yet? I hope this is behind you and you are recovering. Thinkin' about ya :)
Post a Comment