Wednesday, June 3, 2009

BlahBlahBlah

So I'm having one of those blahblahblah days. I feel like this post-baby weight is never, evah going to go away. It's been hot, which makes that extra weight all the more annoying as I try to cram myself into shorts (EEKS-only around the house, of course).

Due to a dead bird in our pool we couldn't even go outside today. (If the pool is out Kaylee will be in it…she would not like the idea of a dirty, dead bird in it, but her love of her pool might, in a slip of two-year-old judgment, get in. Thus, the reason we didn't even go outside today. ) YUCK!! It's on the schedule tomorrow to remove the bird, empty the water, sanitize the pool and refill…I just simply couldn't find the energy to clean it today. I've been pretty tired lately, most likely due to the weather getting hot, so much rain, etc., that doing more than I absolutely have to is hard.

I sit and play with the kids, wishing I had more energy to do even more. I'm just getting by right now. But the kids seem a little more tired too. We have been playing with Play-Dough, coloring, playing with the bouncy ball…so it's not like I've been totally sitting around in a dazed, drooling and eating chocolate, ahem, staring off into space.

Hopefully soon we'll all be adjusted to the heat and back playing full train speed ahead.

3 comments:

Davene said...

Hmmmm...you sure you're not pregnant??? Your fatigue and lack of get-up-and-go sound a lot like early pregnancy symptoms to me! :)

Doula Mommy said...

Haha, the doula in me was going to suggest pregnant as well, but then I realized that I could say the same about myself (and I'm NOT pregnant!)
How's your iron levels? When I'm super super tired, it's usually low iron and not enough sleep (and I turn into a crazy carnivore, so much for attempting to be vegan!).
Sooooo with you on the baby weight, though!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I was thinking the same ;) BUT, I've been exhausted lately as well, and I'm not pregnant. For me, I think it's the run,run,run, we've been doing lately. And the heat and humidity doesn't help. Sure hope you feel better soon!