Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm Here

I made it through surgery. Praise the Lord it all went smoothly and as well as it could have. I had a hard time shaking off the anesthesia effects yesterday, but today is much better. I ended up sleeping over 15 hours. Adam kept thinking that I would nap a little and then be more with it, but that didn't come until about 3am when I woke up to pump! I have a little more pain today, but it's not horrible. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support!!

Next…Liz nominated me to list 7 personality traits about myself, so here goes. If some of them aren't really personality traits I put full blame on the medicine. *wink*


  1. Being a wife and mom are my two favorite things on earth. I do enjoy getting out from time to time, but am completely satisfied staying here at home or going somewhere with the family.
  2. It bugs me when my toenail polish chips off. I have to have my toenails polished all.the.time. (in the summer, at least)
  3. I used to let people walk all over me, even if it meant getting my feelings hurt. I'm starting to grow a spine.
  4. I love wearing jewelry and perfume. I rarely leave the house without them.
  5. I think the sound of my children laughing and singing is one of the best things ever. I really could listen to it all day. (Except during nap time…I prefer it quiet then, for obvious reasons.)
  6. Unless I'm working out I don't like to sweat…it can make me cranky. (weird, I know.)
  7. I love email, blogs, and facebook, but it makes my day even more to get things snail mail!


 

Okay, so now it's up to you to do one…I'll nominate a few, but if you read this blog and want to do this just leave a comment!

Terisa, Carla and Brittany you're tagged!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Thanks, Kristen! I'll work on that. :-) Again SO happy to hear that everything went well and you have been able to get some much needed rest.

Davene said...

I'm sure that sleep was exactly what you needed!

I hope the recovery continues to go smoothly.

Carl8ta said...

thanks for the update - i've been thinking about you all week! It was so great to see you on Sunday and get caught up a bit!