I promised a final belly shot, and this one will have to do. When we got to the hospital we decided to bring "the bag" in once I was admitted and settled. That took a while. Progress was slow and I walked for several hours to gain about a centimeter...enough that Ann would break my water to hopefully get things going a little faster. So, "the bag" (including camera) took a little longer getting to the room. I became friends with the birthing ball...wasn't so sure what I would think about it since with Kaylee all I did was walk, whirlpool tub and then bed...but this time many methods of trying to get him down and out were tried...
By the time I could start pushing I was so tired I didn't know if I had it in me to even get him out. Adam was amazing, as usual. He was by my side the whole time, encouraging me. Without going into too much detail, I'll say that Logan was almost born in the bathroom. I didn't think that I could move, but at one point there was a tiny break in contractions and Adam picked me up and moved me to the bed where Ann had a little more room to deliver him. Once she made sure that his head was coming safely out, Adam moved in some and did more of the delivery as he had with Kaylee.
Here he is "fresh out of the oven."
Even though things took longer with Logan and there were times of the labor and delivery that were harder, once he was out I felt much better. They gave me an IV after to prevent some of the things that happened with Kaylee, and despite being incredibly tired, I felt renewed and so excited to have this little guy in my arms and not in my belly!
Here are some more pictures of our short stay in the hospital:
The Sunday before we had Logan we sang this song in church. I felt like God was reminding me that HE would be my strong deliverer, that HE does not grow weak or weary. God was all of these to me in my labor.
Lincoln Brewster - Everlasting God Lyrics
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
Wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
Wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God You reign forever
Our Hope our strong Deliverer (!!!!!)
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint You won't grow weary (!!!!)
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
The everlasting God
The everlasting
My heart and my eyes well up when I think of my husband, my kids, my so many blessings. I feel so honored to be the wife of Adam, the mom of Kaylee and Logan and the daughter of the KING!! What a journey this has been so far and will continue to be.
1 comment:
Kristen, I had read this previously, but never left a comment...so even though I'm really late with this, I do want you to know how much I appreciate you sharing this. Birth stories are so incredible: each unique and oh-so-meaningful. Beautiful! And the lyrics of that song are perfect. :)
Post a Comment