Tuesday, September 9, 2008

39 Weeks

I know...the whole posting thing without pictures is getting really old. I was hoping to take Kaylee outside today and get a bunch of new, exciting pictures. Instead it rained and we stayed inside alllll day.

It's crazy to think that my actual due date is in one week. For some reason I thought that I might go early, but I guess the trend was set with Kaylee and I probably get to go all the way...although I am really praying that I might be able to have him tomorrow as my favorite midwife is on call...pray...pray...pray...

But, even though I don't have any pictures, here are some random memories and thoughts from the past week or so:

~ The other night Kaylee and I were at Adam's parents and Pops taught Kaylee to raise her hand and say Jesus...so precious...and although she doesn't entirely know what she is doing, a sence of praise is already running through this child (who loves to sing and dance) and this only adds to it.

~ Mimi said "mercy" and ever since then, Kaylee goes around saying MERCY! Pretty hilarious coming from an 18 month old.

~ The other night as Adam and I were putting Kaylee to bed and doing our routine kisses, Adam decided to include Logan (belly) into the circle of kisses...Kaylee reall got into that one and loved kissing my belly.

~ For the past several weeks Kaylee's new and constant thing is to COLOR!!! She has actually done really well, and even when she slips away with a crayon has managed to only color on paper...even if it is not a coloring book, she seems to know to stay on paper and not on the walls, although she did contemplate the TV at one time.

I love being a mom, and I can't wait until Logan is born and I can get back to feeling "normal" (whatever that is really). These past few weeks I can really feel myself slowing down, getting more tired, swollen at times, and definitely more uncomfortable. I feel like it's getting in the way of me being the mom to Kaylee that I want to be, so I am really ready to move onto the next chapter of actually having Logan here. I know that it will never be the same, but I'm ready for that. I can't wait to see Kaylee be a big sister. I know with her personality that there are bound to be challenges, but she really has such a sweet and caring heart, that I know the sweet times are going to melt away the frustrating times. (someone remind me of that later when I post about her trying to drag him somewhere or do something that makes me pull out some hair)... :)

Well, here's hoping that the next post is soon and is full of new pictures of Logan Michael....hurry up and come my little guy!

1 comment:

Davene said...

I know the waiting can be so frustrating...and can seem to stretch on FOREVER. But I'm really glad that you feel ready for this next phase of parenting.

Eagerly waiting with you... :)