Saturday we had a full day...a small bit of yardsaling in the morning. to town to get dog food and meet up with family...home to make grape jelly...lots of activity, but nothing out of the ordinary really.
Kaylee went home with Mimi and Pops so that Adam and I could make jelly without our little helper. We usually let her help with everything...everything...She loves to help and I never want to stop that. She feels so proud of herself and so encouraged when she learns something. But grape-bright purple concord grape-was not something that I really wanted her help with this time. Adam and I were purple enough without her help. :)
After we got the juice made (the biggest part of making grape jelly), we decided to take a break and go get Kaylee and finish the jelly on Sunday afternoon. We played for a while and ate some yummy lasagna then went home. Kaylee went to bed, and we went to our room to watch a movie and relax in the AC.
And that was the end...
Well, normally that would be the end of our day. But I started to have some contractions. Nothing new either. I've been having them for months. But after about 30 minutes with them coming every 5 minutes I started to wonder if something was happening. Then an hour of every 5 minutes. I moved into all kinds of different positions, walked around, took a shower...anything I could that would normally make them stop if they were going to stop...nothing. So, after about three hours of contractions every 5 minutes, I called the midwife. She told me to come in whenever I wanted...she felt I had at least and hour or two. So we called Megan to come stay with Kaylee and didn't tell anyone else. We wanted to make sure that something was happening before we made everyone loose their good night's sleep.
We got to the hospital, got hooked up to the monitors...definitely having good regular contractions...not dialating! urgh... So up to walk for about an hour. We walked ALL over the hospital-up and down stairs, across the bridge, everywhere we could go. And still nothing...almost 9 hours of regular contractions and nothing. So we went home, went to bed, and here we are. STILL no baby, still waiting.
Adam and I had a nice time (although a while night's sleep lost) together. It was quiet and we could just be together and talk. I'm still a little frustrated and really hoping that when it does happen I will really know...cause we both would have put money on it that that was going to be it.
So hopefully the next post will be full of pictures of our new little one - on the outside - after real labor.
2 comments:
ohh my goodness.... This little baby was teasing you. :) I'm so excited for you guys!!
Oh, dear. That IS frustrating!
The lengths to which some people will go to get quiet time to talk with their husbands... *wink*
Looking forward to the next post (even if that little guy STILL isn't born!)... :)
Post a Comment