Thursday, August 7, 2008

Oh what a day...

So I have mentioned before that things just seem to happen when Adam is at work (for his 24 hours at a time). Well, the other night Kaylee got some kind of bug bite. No big deal. Happens all the time in the summer. Happens a lot to the two of us. Adam thanks me for passing down my gene for swelling and itching (sort of like an elephant has chomped down) to our little girl. So when the new bite appeared I rubbed some cream on it and thought that would be it. It wasn't. By today she not only had the bite, but her arm sort of looked sumo wrestler like and was really red. So my mother in law came to stay with the kids I watch and I took her to the doctor to find out that she had an infection around the bite. Fortunately she doesn't seem that bothered by it and the meds should clear it up quickly.

And so with that, we start our very, very busy weekend.

Rough Draft of schedule:
Friday:
Get up early, go to children's clothing sale at 7:30
11:00 Pre- register at hospital for Logan's arrival.
1:45 Doctor's appointment (34 weeks - no, the appointment should not take 34 weeks, that's just how long my little resident has been hitchhiking.)
Go pick up refrigerator mover
Go to mom and dad's and start moving stuff.
Come home...fall in big giant heap on floor until Saturday.

Saturday:
Get up even earlier.
Leave at 7am to continue the big move. Events not time scheduled...
Come home...go into coma...

At a time not so long ago a schedule like this would have seemed like nothing, but being hot and sporting the belly that I have everything seems to take longer and more effort...and that's just breathing...
I go to bend over and am stopped short of what I should be able to do.
Oh, the hoping that he comes just a little early...
Will try to post a preggy belly picture soon. :)

1 comment:

Davene said...

Oh, the feeling of awkwardness...there's nothing like it!

I hope that your weekend goes very well and that somewhere in there, you get some rest!!!

I like the new look of your blog. :)