Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nesting?!?

Adam says I'm nesting big time. I say that I am just trying to get things done. Either way, we've been busy lately. I say we. I really should say that most of the time it is me making suggestions and Adam doing the work. Not that I have not been busy as well, but there are some projects that at this point I really can't do, or it takes me about 100xs longer than Adam.

Last week we put lattice around some of the bottom of the shorter part of deck and put a ton (literally) of pea gravel under the taller section of the deck. The gravel is a great little spot for the kids to play, and the dogs have realized how much cooler it is to lay there, so they like it too.

We've been working on Logan's room. Right now it's half an office, a big pile, as well as a storage place for his clothes. We are not getting crib (at least for now) because he will be in a pack 'n play in our room for a while, and we are hoping that by the time he is ready to go to his room for the night that Kaylee will be ready for a big girl bed with rails. Adam made the comment that it is kind of hard to do his room...with Kaylee, hers was ready with a new border, crib, dressers, all that...and his is so different. But, HE is different. I have really been focusing lately on putting aside expectations that things go the same as with Kaylee. (not that I have ever expected to have a clone or anything...) His has been a different pregnancy, it will be a different labor, it will be a different birth...most things surrounding will be different. And that's okay. In fact, that's good. God never intended that we all be the same. So different this will be.

I finished school.

We've been doing general house cleaning.

In a few weeks we are going to help my parents move to another house.

This weekend is the Beth Moore simulcast! (sooo excited!)

Many more projects to do and many more that are done and just not listed. Nesting or just getting ready...either way it seems like there is just not quite enough time to get it all done. But each day is a day closer to bringing the little guy home...a day I am getting more and more excited about each day.

4 comments:

Blackwell said...

Your little girl Kaylee is SO beautiful!!!! Are you expecting a boy? How far along are you? I'm so glad you found me on here!!!

Kristy said...

Hey!! Congratulations on a little boy how fun! That pic of Kaylee on the side is gorgeous!!!!! What a cutie.

When is your due date?

Kristen said...

Due date is Sept 17...I would LOVE it if he came a little before...maybe not quite as big as 8 lb Kaylee... :)

Beth said...

Congrats! I'm glad you found me! It would be great to get together here in a few months and do some working out together! I know I'll need it! I'm eating like a horse!