Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Parents
I recently read on a friends blog about how her parents help her out with her kids - especially during the times where a little quiet is desperately needed. I've often thought about how blessed that Adam and I are to have our parents (both sets) within 10 minutes of our house. Between them and Adam's sister, we have never ever had to have anyone else watch our little munchcan! I love it. And while I do stay home so that I can be with my babies, it is a blessing to have such trusted people nearby. With that said, I'm actually not the biggest fan of sending the cutest little girl off...I rather like spending time with her...but there are times when I need help, or rest, or quiet, or just a small break from chasing. And during these times I know that I could actually have any number of grandparents lining up to take her home. And besides, Kaylee loves her grandparents. So, as hard as it is for me to send her off, I know that the time that she is spending with them is irreplaceable. Growing up close to my grandparents as well, I spent lots of time with them. We actually lived right beside my dad's parents, so I could hop over whenever I wanted. And now that both of my grandmothers have passed away, I am even more thankful for the time that I spent with them. I am so grateful that my kids are close enough to their grandparents to make similar memories...memories that will last forever...and so, I send her off, knowing that she is in the most loving hands that I could ask for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said! :)
Post a Comment