The other day we were helping my parents move some furniture from their current house to the house they will be moving into in a few weeks. Mom always makes some kind of lunch for us and this time Kaylee got a special treat after - her very own cupcake lady. Mom said that I had one for my first birthday and loved it. My eyes lit up and I was so excited. When I saw the cake for Kaylee I wondered how she would react and wondered if she would know what to do with it since she had never had a cupcake before. Well, I didn't have to worry, her reaction must have been about like mine was. And she did know exactly what to do with it...smash it and eat it and try to cover anyone within reach with the brightly colored frosting. She demolished a good bit of it and then decided that her hands were messy and it was time to clean them off...so she got a sink bath - which she also loved. She's such a funny little thing...she likes to get into things, but she does not like to be dirty. She tries to brush and wipe off anything foreign to her hands (or wherever the foreign stuff has landed).
Monday, July 7, 2008
Special Cupcake
The other day we were helping my parents move some furniture from their current house to the house they will be moving into in a few weeks. Mom always makes some kind of lunch for us and this time Kaylee got a special treat after - her very own cupcake lady. Mom said that I had one for my first birthday and loved it. My eyes lit up and I was so excited. When I saw the cake for Kaylee I wondered how she would react and wondered if she would know what to do with it since she had never had a cupcake before. Well, I didn't have to worry, her reaction must have been about like mine was. And she did know exactly what to do with it...smash it and eat it and try to cover anyone within reach with the brightly colored frosting. She demolished a good bit of it and then decided that her hands were messy and it was time to clean them off...so she got a sink bath - which she also loved. She's such a funny little thing...she likes to get into things, but she does not like to be dirty. She tries to brush and wipe off anything foreign to her hands (or wherever the foreign stuff has landed).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
is that a full body bib????
Well, for Kaylee it is...it was actually made for my grandmother because she was almost blind and had a stroke as well...it made her laundry a little easier...and now mine too! (it's a towel that was made into a bib)
Post a Comment