I have been working on my blog a little lately. You know...spring cleaning in the house and spring cleaning (of sorts) in the blog. I have been thinking about changing my header picture to something else. Every time I see it I am reminded that there are two more little hands that have been added to the family.
I'm also reminded that there are two hands that will never be in our family pictures.
But part of me (perhaps the sentimental sap part of me) isn't ready to change it.
Because when I see that picture I am also reminded of the bond that Adam and I have, symbolized by our rings. I'm reminded of the gift of our daughter symbolized by...well...her hands. :)
The complete family unit is something that isn't cherished these days as it once was. Divorce is the norm, not the exception.
I'm not going to get into all the reasons to stay together or reasons that it's okay to divorce...my real point is that I cherish my husband. This picture reminds me of it in a way that many other pictures cannot...
But the change part of me may overtake the sap part of me and change it one of these days...who knows?
...on another note...
If you are still reading this random post, and if you are represented by one of the new red dots on my map...welcome to my blog. (Of course if you're an "old" reader welcome to you to. (I wouldn't want to forget my manners as that is what we're working on a lot in this house. It is going very, very well...just in case you were wondering.)
No comments:
Post a Comment