Thursday, April 2, 2009

Music…Again

My life seems to be themed in songs. I get stuck on a song and I listen to it, oh about a thousand times a day. In fact, as I write…I'm listening to the one I happen to be stuck on.

Right now it's Mighty to Save. The lyrics are powerful. I love the images that it puts in my head…mercy falling on me. Couldn't we all use some mercy falling on us? Really…have you ever had something fall on you?

Whether you know it is coming or not, when something falls on you there is a bit of a jolt (or a lot of a jolt, depending on what hit you). I doubt he would remember this, and I am not sure how I do, but when we were really young my brother hit me over the head with a large stick of sorts. I think it was random. But it was a big WHACK over my head, whatever the reason. Sure, I'll take some of that, but in the form of mercy and not big stick. WHACK…mercy falling on me so hard that it jolts me.

"So take me as you find me, all my fears and failures, fill my life again. I give my life to follow, everything I believe in, now I surrender."

Yeah, I have some fears and plenty of failures. I want to be filled by the Author of Salvation and the hope of nations! If I let that manifest in my life the way God intends it to, it could be massive.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not sitting here intentionally digging my heels in, resisting what God is trying to do in my life, but in order to be filled with Him there is a lot that has to be ridded from my heart. That's the part that hurts. I have to dig out all of that junk. And it's not pretty. It's not easy, and it's not a snap-my-fingers-it's-done process.

Finally, although I could write about each and every line…the bridge is what I like to pray over people…my kids, the little boys I am praying for…really anyone I feel needs prayer while I am listening to the song one of the 3,247 times a day. (don't do the math to see if it is possible to listen that many times…)

"Shine your light and let the whole world see. We're singing, for the glory of the risen King, Jesus…"

I want my kids to grow up and do bigger things for God than I have and I will do. I want them to take a stand for what I pray they will believe in.


 

Okay, enough…just go listen to the song. J

Mighty To Save

Everyone needs compassion
Love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations

Chorus:
Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever, Author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

Verse 2:
So take as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Bridge:
Shine your light
And let the whole world see
We're singing
For the glory of the risen King, Jesus

1 comment:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Beautiful. Yes, it's time for me to do some spring cleaning on myself, and it's definitely a process.