
Samantha...my spirited, dimple-faced, smiling, mischievous, two-year-old. I can barely look at her without smiling. She loves to run around and yell, "A-prize!" (surprise) One morning, while Adam went downstairs to feed the dogs, she ran into my room with her plate of breakfast and yelled it. Waking from a deep sleep, I certainly was surprised. Mostly though, it's not surprising (as she yells it over and over and over), it's just cute.
Her favorite past time is stealing my purse while I'm not looking and ransacking it. A close second would be stealing my phone, followed by playing with her baby dolls. She is obsessed with Mickey Mouse, something neither of the other kids have really cared about. Of course they get to see their fair share of the show now, so maybe it's a good thing. :)
Her Bible memory verse is, "Jesus loves the little children," and oh my is she ever the cutest thing when she recites it. I need to give her another one; she's long overdue, but somehow I just can't bring myself to "change" it.
A funny little thing she does is when asked if she is crazy, silly, a mess, or anything, her response is, "No, I'm Samantha." Well there you have it, folks. She's not crazy. She's Samantha.
Sam is also my heart-attack kid. She's the one who started climbing to the top of the kitchen table as soon as she could get on the chair, has more than once escaped the house and made her way to the yard. She also likes to hide (usually in a closet), quiet as a mouse while we run everywhere looking for her. Once I find her, she's usually crouched down as tiny as she can get with the biggest grin on her face. The other kids can't keep quiet for a planned game of hide-and-seek, but this kid knows how it's done.
It's sometimes hard having three kids, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Being a mom is what I was made for. I've known it was my calling since I was very young. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, for sure, but it's the most humbling, rewarding, amazing task I'll ever have in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment