Thursday, May 23, 2013

That's a picture of my big girl right before her first ballet performance. So what if she forgot half the steps?? She had fun! She may have been a little...ahem...distracted by a certain family member(s) who decided to WAVE at her! (Not me; I'm too much of a ballet snob to do that!) She is almost done with her first year of school, and I'm so proud of her. She helps others so well. There's a little boy who sits beside her, and she almost always gets him started on his work and helps him through stuff. Her teacher told me she thought about moving them around, but didn't think she could move him away from her because of how helpful she always is. That's the kind of thing you hear and it just warms your heart. Her teacher said it's not common for kids that age to do that. I'm okay with my kids not being common. ...more to come. :) baby steps here. And Liz! Yeah for me being back and reconnecting with you!! :) Big hugs to you!!

1 comment:

Jenny Whiting said...

Hey, she is super cute in that costume! I'm sure it was fun to watch her. Marie is going to start dancing again this summer. I'm excited. Your blog showed up in my reader, so that's how I knew. I haven't blogged for a couple years, too. Not sure if I'll do it again or not. But yesterday I was looking through a photo book that I made form my blog (2008) and it was neat to read how much I had written back then. Made me think that I also should be writing more. Good luck!