Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Going Cloth

Diapers that is…

About a week-and-a-half ago we switched to cloth diapers for Logan. It was actually kind of an exciting switch for me…although I can't really say for sure why. It's definitely not because I have to wash all of the poop out… :) However, when I calculated the potential monthly savings and then potential yearly savings, I just had to try it. And I have to say, it is really nice to go to the store and not even glance to see if diapers are on sale. Now of course, there will still be times we use disposable, but for the most part we hope to use these.

His little Logan bum looks pretty cute in them too!

And well…speaking of the little Logan bum, and the kid who wears it (the bum)…he has been moving very quickly, pulling up on everything, and getting into everything. There have been times I thought he might take a step, but he just falls to the floor and takes off again.

He really has no interest in walking. With Kaylee we would hold her hands and she would walk all over the place…not so with this one. He gets there his own way. Thankyouverymuch.

Recently we've been playing this little game. It was called: Logan swiftly moves to dog bowl, grabs two fists-full of dog food, crams one into face, mommy pulls dog food out of mouth, meanwhile Logan crams other fist-full into face. Repeat game as often as possible. Game is only over when dog food is placed very high and all other dog food particles are swept off the floor.

Yeah, it's a fun game. Its retail cost tends to vary, but currently runs about $28 for an entire bag of fun. You really should try it sometime. Another one that is fun to play at the same time is: while mommy puts dog food away, run to get into "little" potty. The rules and regulations of this one are still being worked out. Right now they consist of: Logan! No! Get out of there! Yuck! Followed by a brisk washing of hands if said hands got farther than lid on "little" potty.

 

2 comments:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Those games sound fantastic! And yay for cloth diapering!

Davene said...

I've *thought* about cloth diapers. But that's as far as I've gotten with that. :) Good for you for going for it!