Thursday, Adam and I celebrated our four year anniversary. We were actually able to get away on the anniversary itself, go to Massanutten, spend the night and enjoy some alone time. It was so nice to get away…just the two of us…and have some quiet.
After dinner at Hanks (the place that catered the wedding) we went back and decided to take a walk. We saw a number of deer which were much accustomed to people as we were able to get pretty close to them before they ran…but not very far.
It was actually kind of funny to pack to go somewhere and not have to take half the contents of the entire house. We made it to the room with all our stuff in just one trip!
(Funny side story…I was packing, Adam had to run out for a while, and Logan was napping. That left Kaylee…alone. Yeah, right. I was just in the other room, but evidentially her skills at being quiet while pouring out the entire contents of a salt and pepper shaker are great. I didn't even hear her until I went to check on her. (And she is quick too…I only let her play for a very, very short time without being checked on.) She informed me she was making me some salt and pepper. All.over.the.table.floor.boosterseat.and surrounding area.)
Back to the point…our anniversary…
Words don't seem to do justice to explain how much I love my husband. I know. I know…it sounds sappy. But really, I stand amazed when I think of how blessed I am by Adam. He loves me and sometimes I really think he knows me better than I know myself. He works so hard so I can stay home with the kids. Although I work, there is no way if he didn't do as much as he does I could stay home.
He is a great dad. There is nothing that can bring me to tears more quickly than to think of how he loves those kids and me.
And although we have our moments like every couple, there is no one else I would rather share my life's journey with. He's the one I want to go to bed with and wake up with every day.
So honey, I love you. Thank you for loving me in spite of my flaws. Thank you for helping me be a better person and a better mom. Thanks for all you do. Thanks for being not only a hero to others as you serve as a firefighter, but thanks for being my hero. And I'm not being mushy…I'm being honest. You keep me real and know when I'm not. These past four years have been filled to the brim with love, joy, some pain and heartache, silliness and the real thing. We've lost one baby and had two. We have a huge future together waiting to be filled with so many more moments. I can't wait. But I cherish every day. Life is precious. It can be too short. I don't want to take for granted what we have together. We have a life and a marriage some only dream of and others can never achieve. I'm not saying that braggingly or boastfully…just thankful and fully acknowledging what God has lavished on us. It is because of His great love we can love and love others. He brought us together to love each other, our kids and those we meet. I pray our house would be a place which reflects the love of the Father…a place of safety and fun for our kids and their friends to play. A place of refuge from the storm.
1 comment:
Congratulations on your anniversary!!! It was fun to see some wedding pictures. :)
Jeff and I ate at Hank's once; it happened to be when we were celebrating our 9th anniversary. The food was DELICIOUS! I'd love to go back someday. :)
Post a Comment