I absolutely love getting rid of junk. At one point or another it may (or may not have) served a purpose, but when that time is up it's really time to move it out. I've been collecting stuff for a while for a yard sale. Today I went to mom's house(s) to gather a van and car load more of crap
junk wonderful stuff that someone would surely have good use for.
Included in the vehicles full of crap
junk wonderful stuff that someone would surely have good use for, were a few boxes of things that I still had at my parent's. It was past high time that I removed the stuff from their house, however in light of my current ridding our house of as much unnecessary crap
junk…you get the picture… I didn't really want to have to find homes for this stuff.
I hung onto tons of old letters that my friends wrote to me in high school and college. I had fun reading through a lot of them, but Adam laughed when I told him I took a nice trip down memory lane and then threw it away. There were a few letters I saved from my grandmothers who have passed away. I'm sure I can find a nook or cranny to put them in.
So I have one more day to go through stuff…watch out, if you come within ten feet of me you might just end up in a box. Or not…but maybe. Saturday we'll be up at an hour I frankly don't visit with my eyes open much, all for the sake of a few bucks. I hope it's worth it, but with my recent surgery and upcoming vacation it won't be bad to even make a few dollars.
The rest of the weekend promises to be just as packed with friends and family gatherings. Hopefully I'll remember my camera and be able to share pictures soon.
2 comments:
I love getting rid of junk too! That reminds me, I have so much more to go through . . .
I'm not on facebook. I know, I think I may be the last person on earth who isn't! :)
Oh, the letters! Those are so hard for me to get rid of!!!
I took a ton of stuff to the thrift store today, and it was such a good feeling to shed some weight that way. :)
I hope your yard sale went well!
Post a Comment