Since coming home life has been very busy. I came home to plenty of work, which is great. I've been really enjoying listening to the different sermons and seminars I've been transcribing. But all that work leaves not too much time to blog and document the kid's first beach trip.
This weekend Kelly, my cousin, is getting married and I'm doing the flowers, so again…not much time.
Most of the time we were on the beach Logan was most content when we dug a hole and put him in it. I suppose it made him feel a bit more secure in the vast, open space.
I've been to the beach before, so I can't imagine what was going on in his little head as we took him to such a different place. Having a cold didn't help, but the little guy is so observant that it must have been overwhelming just to be there. He wasn't much of one for the water most of the time. There were a few times he started to enjoy himself, but for the most part the hole it was.
Kaylee on the other hand, jumped right in. There actually wasn't much pause when we first got there. No standing in awe. Not really many questions. Just running on the sand. She was a very good listener for almost the entire vacation. We rarely had to repeat instructions or continuously tell her to come back, don't do that, come here, stop running…all of that. I think she knew that we were in such a different place there was no messing around. There were a few times she got bold and started to go to the water without us, but I was actually surprised at how well she listened…the first time.
Oh, there's so much more to write about, but for now I'll just post a bunch of picture and then try to come back and fill in gaps with stories and such.
Excuse the oversized and stretched tank top I can frequently be seen wearing. It makes me look like a cow. I wore it because the bathing suit I have was what I wore last year when I was pregnant with Logan and now is too big. In the ocean especially. And since I wanted to play with the kids and not worry about flashing all beach goers...I donned what would ultimately make me look bovine-ish in all of the pictures. …and yes, I did get a new suit for the beach, but it wasn't much better on the side of staying put in the ocean. Perhaps one day I will find one that fits well. Donations would be greatly appreciated. Just kidding…or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment