I'm starting to think that capturing our vacation week is going to take a while...but I am determined to do it as scrapbooking isn't so much of an option right now and I've heard you can print these things. (will learn how later) Last year when we went to Tennessee, Kaylee didn't really have as much fun on vacation - but this year she seemed to enjoy herself. Even though she won't remember this vacation, I want to capture memories to share with her later. So I won't forget...
~Our first night she had a hard time falling asleep. We put her in her pack 'n play and she cried...and cried...and cried....finally we thought that she was asleep. Someone on the TV clapped and she bounced up and yelled "yeah" and started clapping - then laid back down and went to sleep for the rest of the night.
~Our second night she had a little easier time falling asleep. Again, we thought that she was good and asleep and then up pops her little head and she pointed at Adam and started hysterically laughing, and laughing, and laughing...then laid back down and went to sleep. Of course, we didn't laugh at all... :)
~The last night she didn't cry, didn't laugh, just sat herself down in the corner and watched cooking with us until she literally fell over and fell asleep.
~One evening when we got back to the hotel I changed from jeans to sleep pants. My jeans were sitting on top of my bag and Kaylee brought them to me. I folded them and asked her to take them back to my bag. She took them, as if understanding exactly what I asked, went to the trash can, fixed the bag, threw my pants away, stepped back, nodded and walked off. Was she trying to tell me something?
...more stories and memories to come....
1 comment:
Such funny stories...and good for you for capturing them!
When I read your last post, I was thinking that I've probably never felt such deep pain as when I see my children facing pain. And I'm not talking about physical pain as much as emotional. When, like you said, someone ignores their attempt at friendliness...or things like that.
For me, this really hit home when Josiah's first best friend, a little boy named David who was exactly 6 months older than Josiah and lived down the street from us in Israel, moved away. Josiah was so young that I knew he wouldn't even remember David or the sadness he was feeling, but it about broke my heart to see Josiah's loss.
Anyway, I appreciated your comment on my blog, explaining who you are and how we're connected (there ARE a lot of connections!)...but honestly I'm still lost. Can you email me (you can find it through my blog profile page) or something and tell me your maiden name??? I'm sorry I'm so clueless! :) I'm sure I'll be like, "Oh, yeah, now I know who she is!!!"
Post a Comment