Friday, June 20, 2008

A Moment of Wow

I just finished watching a small video on someone else's blog that stopped me in my tracks, made me cry and then sit and think. The gist of what happened was a girl was playing softball (collegiate level) and hit a home run...her first ever...and her last. As she rounded first base something happened and she missed touching the base; in turning back she tore a ligament and collapsed. As they tried to figure out what they could do, they learned that if any of her team mates were to help by either a substitute runner or carrying her it wouldn't count as a home run. (sometime after the game this ruling was found to be wrong - they could have sent in a substitute)) So up steps a girl from the opposite team - can we carry her? What? Can we carry her? Less than a minute before these are the girls doing anything they can to avoid letting the other team score... But why? Why would they carry her? Their simple answer...because she deserved it. And I started to think. Would I do something like that for someone who is "opposite" me? And then I though...isn't that what being Christ to someone is? Humbling.

1 comment:

Davene said...

I agree...that video is powerful!