Saturday, November 12, 2011

Behavior, Modification, Discipline

Three things we need so very badly around here.

Well, let me restate that... We seem to go through times where the kids are really good, and we feel what we are doing is working, and then something happens, not really something, but time, maybe? ...and the kids go nutso and things seem to fall apart.

Right now, we are in the fall apart time, so Adam and I are talking about our expectations, goals, and ways we think we can get there.

Kaylee and Logan are each experiencing their own behavior problems. Kaylee's problems start with her mouth. Logan's problems are tantrum related. Combine the two, and it makes for one very frustrated and tired set of parents. And an even more tired me when Adam is working. (Which of course he gets frustrated knowing I am tired and frustrated...)

If anyone has any suggestions, please comment or email:
adamandkristen86@yahoo.com

At the beginning of 2011, my prayer was that throughout this year I would learn to know what makes my kids listen and respond correctly, and how I needed to direct them. I think it's going to be one of my resolutions for this next year, too...and all the years to come. Simple to say, not so simple to do.

It's not that my kids are all bad all the time, of course, but the system we're using isn't cutting it anymore, and we're all due for a change. I also think some of this is an attack from the devil. I pray big things for my kids. Kaylee is already saying some amazing prayers, with knowledge and insight beyond her years. But if our family is distracted by stuff like disobedience and poor behavior, we get tired, run down, and discouraged. We're exactly in the place the enemy wants us to be. But to quote Carmen (old, I know), "Satan, bite the dust."

No comments: