Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Not So Big Move

I was going to just keep writing on the last post, but decided to be ambitious and write two...not to mention it's been forever since I've written anything at all. Ahem. It's the way it goes with me.

About six months ago we put our house on the market, hoping to sell within our contract time. We're almost to the end of that time, and haven't had anyone look at the house since the first month it was listed. It is honestly very discouraging. I had hopes and dreams we'd be spending the holidays in a new house, but we're not. And I'm trying to have a positive outlook on it. After all, I have a house, right?

But recently, we're really feeling how small the house is...or how big we are, one or the other. Probably both. A few months before Samantha was born, we moved our room to the basement to allow each child to have their own room. Logan was just getting settled into a regular bed from a crib, and we didn't want to stick either kid with a newborn. The older kids weren't big enough to play unattended for more than a few minutes, so it was the best use of the space at the time.

But now we're feeling the best use would be for us to move BACK upstairs, move the girls in with each other, and make the downstairs into a playroom. Sigh. It's going to be so much work. And we're going to go from this huge room back to the small room.

But again, it will work out. We're still hoping the house will sell sometime, but being as the market comes to a near standstill over the winter, we probably won't leave it listed during the next few months. It's all the better though, because even if we went out of town for a night, we had to leave the house in perfect condition due to the chance someone might want to come see the house. We won't have to worry about that over the holiday months. I'm looking forward to being free of that pressure. If you've had a house on the market, you know what I'm talking about.

On a bright note, I would say one of the best things that has happened is I have learned how to keep the house clean...or as clean as you can realistically with three kids and two (or 12) dogs. It's not like before this our house was terribly messy, but it's a lot better. (And I have about 50 boxes packed up, too. Yeah, not sure what I'm going to do about all that...) Sigh. Again.

Alrighty then, that's not all that is going on, but enough to catch any lone readers back up. I often think about blogging, but normally by the time I get to 10:30 like it is now, I'm done. If I could install some microchip in that would allow me to think a blog and have it instantly post, we'd be knee-deep in posts. :)

oops...time to switch over the last load of laundry for the day.

No comments: