Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hey, What Are You Looking At?

Oh, you're looking at us. Yeah, thought so.

Today we were at Kohls with about 7.56 million other people...more or less. I realized the other day that Kaylee didn't have any tennis shoes, so I wanted to try to find a decent pair on sale. (The second-hand store I go to for some shoes didn't have anything close to acceptable.) I also wanted to check out some shower curtains. Not too much to ask, right?

Wrong.

Detour for a second...Adam and I decided on this trip into the store that we were not allowing both of our parents to go on vacation/trips at the same time again. Ever.

We made it to the shoes and quickly found a great pair that Kaylee loved, and bonus, they were a really good deal. Here is where I *wish* our trip had ended. Looking back, I should have run walked to the check-out line, thrown handed my credit card to the cashier, and rushed walked out.

(insert ominious music)

We walked back to the shower curtain area. This is where the older kids thought running around the displays would be fun. They went different ways. I was attempting to remain calm and in control, yet it was clear as day to all 7.56 million shopping near us that I was a crazy mom with THOSE kids. I mean, I'm all for fun, and honestly, they weren't being destructive at all. But not everyone likes to shop with little kids whizzing by them as they browse trough the placemats and toothbrush holders. I try to be respectful of them, and teach the kids that as well.

We finally caught put Logan into the stroller, grabbed a curtain and some new dish towels, and headed to the front, all the while, Logan...screaming...really, really loud. (In his defense, he had a really wet diaper and didn't want to sit...)

And all the while, getting those looks. Oh, you know what I'm talking about. The fake little smiles from people, while they're thinking, Those people can't control their kids. They belong in a barn. Smile. Smirk.

Once we got to the front, I begged asked Adam to take Samantha and Logan out while Kaylee and I paid. Other than her undying obsession to touch the check-out counter, which drives me nuts because those things HAVE to be filthy, the rest of that part of the trip was uneventful. Sigh. It's the life, isn't it?

1 comment:

Ellis Family said...

At least Adam was there! Take consolation in knowing that this happens to EVERY mom! :)