I mean, she totally acts like at least a six-year-old, but in my head, I still remember the day she was born, those first nights (okay, so those are blurry), the first time she sat up, times we spent playing on her floor trying to get her to roll over.
Now she is learning to read and spell. Today I learned she can count to 30 (fast)! She is developing a heart to pray for others. For example, a few weeks ago, our neighbor was taken by ambulance to the hospital. Adam called from work to tell me they had called 911, so I prepared the kids for what they would see. While we were waiting the minute it took the first response apparatus to get on scene, the kids and I prayed for our neighbor. That night, without being reminded or anything, Kaylee remembered to pray for him. ...melts me.
I just love the way she loves her brother and sister. A while back I asked her what she wanted for her birthday. Her quick answer was, "A Cars couch for Logan." She gets so excited when HE gets something new. Of course, she loves getting stuff, too.
It's hard to compact feelings and dreams you have for your kids, but one dream I have is that they would be compassionate and stand firm in their faith. I have been teaching Kaylee that no matter what others around her do, she is to do the right thing. I want her to consider the feelings of others, and be the friend they may be hurting for.
With all my being, I want to hold onto this little girl. Shelter her from hurt and sadness. Teach her what I want her to know, and not what the world wants her to know. But with growing up, comes growing out.
It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you
I want you to know
As I watch you grow
Chorus:
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings
May passion be the wind
That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong
Guide you on your way
May there be many moments
That make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories
Chorus:
It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly
Kaylee Grace, I love you.
1 comment:
Too cute!!! I love that she asked for a birthday present not for herself. She is growing up to be just like her momma:)
Post a Comment