Saturday, January 30, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

Every time I get busy with work, it seems blogging is the last thing to be done. Well, that and cleaning my house. I have been really blessed to have had several weeks jam-packed with as much work as I could do, and more. It's awesome. There was a time, in the beginning, when there might be a week where I wouldn't have any work, or only a small amount. The person who sends me work very graciously offered me an out, saying she understood if I needed to look elsewhere. And while it didn't make sense (on paper, or in numbers…aka the bank account) I felt complete and total peace, if not a command to stick with it and stick it out.

Over a year later, I'm still with it. This job is one of the biggest blessings ever. It allows me to stay home with my kids all the time. And while there are times that I can't stop what I'm doing to play or do quite as much as I think I might like to, I'm still there. Adam can pick up extra shifts or do training and we don't have to worry with childcare schedules…something we often wondered about before we decided I would stay home.

Beyond what my job allows me to do as far as staying home and being able to be with my kids, I LOVE the job itself as well. I am constantly learning new things. I find myself laughing, crying, and being challenged on a daily basis. I see what is going on in the Body of Christ all over the country. In fact, there are many churches I almost feel a part of because I hear so many of their sermons. I can anticipate what some of the pastors are going to say, at times.

My boss is incredible, too. She helps me along when I start making mistakes, deals with me when I ask dumb questions early in the morning because I haven't had enough coffee to think clearly. We (respectfully) make fun of things together. We pray for each other, and have developed a friendship…totally via the internet. Her parents do live in the area, although she is across the country, so we hope to one day get to see each other face to face.

*******

Outside of work-land, things have been rough in the area of potty training with Kaylee. For a while there, it seemed like we were home free, virtually done, and then almost overnight it was over. I'm not sure what the malfunction is. And YES I do know that it will come and that each child is different. But despite that fact, it is still a source of daily frustration.

Despite that set-back, she keeps the house moving.all.the.time. You never know what is coming out of her mouth next. Today she told me, "Only three kids…" Only three kids, what? "Only three kids are coming tonight." Well, what three kids are coming? "Maga, Babu and Dylan. Just those three kids." Okay, honey. (Those "three kids" just so happen to be my parents and their dog. For some reason, they are now "three kids.")

We took Logan for his 15-month check up yesterday. Okay, so we were a month late and he is actually 16 months. Oops. The doctor was less than concerned about that, however. He said anytime in that area was fine…not a big deal to be off once he is this old. (Can I just say that it's really nice to go to a place where there is so much confidence in our parental skills and a no-pressure zone? Because it is.) Ahem. I was saying… Logan is still only about in the 20th percentile for weight (22lbs), which is up from the last time (in both pounds and percentile). He's around the 65th percentile for height, and his head is in the 75th percentile. Yes little man, you do look bigger than you are because you have a big head. The doctor put it in a nicer way, "He has a big brain." (or something like that…)

One of his favorite things do to is…DANCE. Bubba has mad moves, let me tell you. His motions start from the shoulders. He gets them going up and down. Then, when he feels ready, the arms get to going. And occasionally, if he's really into it, the head just goes wildly crazy…back and forth as fast as he can. It is most hysterical, really.

He also has a great affinity for cars, trucks, and especially trains. He has one Thomas train that he is very attached to. He will ransack his entire room if you ask him to go find it. (even if it is in the living room…)

Well, folks. Perhaps more info than you wanted, but that's what happens when I blog late at night. I realized a few hours ago that I haven't downloaded Christmas pictures yet… Something about a basement flooding, and having everything packed up, and just getting back to normal…something like that. Many pictures to come soon…


 


 

No comments: