Sorry to anyone who might be wondering where on earth I am. I still exist. I've been having issues with uploading my pictures, and keep thinking I'll wait to post until I can put pictures. In fact, I actually had a whole post done, including pictures, and something didn't work and I scraped the whole thing. So sorry.
And although I haven't blogged for a while and am disgustingly behind, there really hasn't been anything new going on. The kids continue to grow at a rate that I can't keep up with, and of course, I never know what is going to come out of Kaylee's mouth.
The other day Adam was working on the toilet, although it wasn't technically broken. He was putting an energy-saving, condensation-reducing, expensive hunk of foam into the tank, when Kaylee started questioning him.
K: Daddy, what are you doing?
Adam: Working on the potty.
K: Is it broken?
Adam: Well, it's not really broken.
Kaylee: Oh. Is it pretend broken?
Logan has also been working on his vocabulary. His favorite words are, "Thaa!" Which means Thomas, but he rarely is able to say the whole word, so Thaa is a good sub when referring to his most favorite train in the world. He has also learned the sign language for more, and says it at the same time, which is absolutely the cutest thing. Of course those are not his only words, but perhaps the cutest at the time. By 17 months, Kaylee was most definitely speaking much more, and it's been kind of fun to watch him develop so differently than she did.
As far as everything else goes… Here it is in a nutshell, and I really do hope to get back into the full blogging swing of things. (Although I still have been reading blogs…) Adam and I continue to lead our home group for young married couples, and it is going so well. It has been such a blessing to see relationships develop and strengthen, marriages strengthen, and our own relationship with each other grow.
I'm almost done (sniff, sniff) with Beth Moore's study of Esther, which has been amazing. I've been challenged in new ways. Last night we had our next to last study, and a particular thought has really been sticking out to me. (well, there have been many swirling around in my head, but I'm way too tired to write about more than one) God gives us strength while we are in the midst of battles that God is allowing us to go through. However, when we allow ourselves to dream up fears and situations that are not, in fact, happening, God doesn't necessarily give us strength to get through that. He wants us to be delivered from our fears, not strengthened through them. I hope I'm writing this with some sense of clarity. I'm probably too tired to be writing, but I just can't allow myself another day to go by without blogging.
It is so easy to allow myself to fall prey to the grip of fear, when instead, I should rest in the grip of grace and allow God's strength to be my strength. I'm excited to continue to pray and think through all that God has been showing me through this study and share some here.
All right…I have so much more I'd like to write about, but I'm afraid of what would come out if I continued to type…
2 comments:
Glad you popped in! Most of the days that I get around to blogging, I've made myself blog. There seems to be so little time for it anymore, but I like having the "journal" so-to-speak. Anyway, I get where you're coming from, girl! :) And the "pretend broken" is the CUTEST! I wonder what little ones are thinking half the time. They are so funny :)
Don't be afraid! Write it, write it! So good to see you back on here again!
Post a Comment