A while ago, I was explaining to Kaylee that I had decided we would stay home from church today. Here's a general gist of our conversation:
Me: Kaylee, we're going to stay home from church today to make sure the basement doesn't flood again since it is raining a lot and the snow is melting. If it floods again, we don't have money to put more carpet down… Maga and Babu are coming over to our house later, so you'll still be able to play with them.
K: I have money.
Me: I know you have money, sweetie, but not quite enough to buy new carpet. Thanks.
K: (Pulling out imaginary money) Two, please.
Me: (Just happened to be petting the dogs…) Here you go, you asked for two, so here are the dogs. They're yours now. Take care of them. Rub them.
K: Thanks!
Several Minutes later:
K: Here you go, Mommy. You can have your dogs back now. Evidentially she opted for a return.
1 comment:
She's so funny. I love reading these conversations with her!
Post a Comment