Thursday, December 3, 2009

Where Has Time Gone?

I remember back to being in school, and how the a week before any break would drag on, yet get to the break and it would fly by. Well, I think that life, especially life with kids is like those breaks…time just flies. Cliché, I know, but true. I remember so clearly the day I had Kaylee, and now she is almost 3. Just as clear are the memories of having Logan…and he's 14 months.

Little Man is starting to get the hang of this walking thing. He stands up, gets his balance, and takes off…then gets so excited he has to drop to his knees in laughter and take off crawling at lightning speed. He is so funny.

Lately, Kaylee has been pushing some boundaries and trying out a dose of stubbornness. For the most part, she remains a good, obedient child. Because of that, the times she tries us are really…well, trying. For about a week, I thought we had the potty training thing figured out. Or rather, I thought she had it figured out. She was remembering to tell us before, even sometimes with time to spare and always refusing to have an accident. Then suddenly, nothing. Nada. Never asks to go to the bathroom. Almost constant accidents. I'm sure this is part of the process, but for real…I have more to do with my time than clean the floor and the couch! Yes, that's right…the couch. (once…only once. Thank the Lord.)

I know this phase is just that, a phase. Adam and I just have to figure out how to deal with it…when an accident is just an accident and when it might be more. The training here is as much for us as her. It's our job to learn to deal with her in the appropriate and loving manner, but boy…it sure is easy to fly off the handle.

Yesterday, we put up the tree and ornaments. Both of the kids loved it…Kaylee was a better help than Logan. ;) She carefully placed ornament after ornament on specifically picked branches. Logan in turn, came over, removed a few and tasted a few. We now have a circular gate around the tree for its protection. (You know, after Logan pulled two flowers off an ornament and brought a button to Adam, and then one to me…choking does not equal a good time, in case you're wondering.)

For some crazy reason, we decided to face the madness on Black Friday. The kids spent the night with my parents so Adam and I could get up at an hour that shouldn't be seen, to shop. Sad. Depraved. But true. We actually were able to save a lot of money, making it worth it in the end. We had a list of stores and exact items to be purchased in each store. The stores were listed according to times they opened. We were in line, near the front, at Kohl's before it opened. We still have a few things to get, but were able to accomplish most of our shopping that day.

There are so many blog posts swirling around in my head…hopefully soon I'll be able to get a grasp on them and write them. Stay tuned…

No comments: