So much has been going on, and so little posting about it. Several weeks ago, I took Kaylee to see the Nutcracker. It was danced by the same place I danced with when I was in high school and before. It was fun seeing some things that stayed the same and a lot that has changed. We didn't have very good seats, and Kaylee was having a hard time seeing. So…for the entire second half, I stood at the back and held her. It was much better that she could see, although I think she would have been better to have waited one more year before tackling such a long performance.
My shoulder still hurts from holding her for so long. I injured it several years back when I…ahem…fell off a bridge. I suppose the longevity of holding her stressed it too much, and looking back it wasn't a very smart move. Lesson learned, for sure. Having Kaylee there was a special memory, and I hope to be able to do it for many years to come.
She still talks about it, and does her own little dance moves around the house. I look at her and wonder if she, too, will take up dance and love it as much as I did and still do. I would love to see her do it, but there is no pressure if she doesn't. ;)
1 comment:
We took the girls to the Nutcracker when Kenners was 2 1/2 {almost 3, actually}, and Sierra was 5. Kenners got a little restless, but it was such a fun outing. Now Kam is too small to go, and I haven't left her yet, so we'll have to wait a couple of years to try it again. One of my most favorite holiday traditions.
Post a Comment