Monday, January 26, 2009

New Year...

This new year has already been exciting and the first month is not even over. I have decided to make a list of some of the things that I am praying for. Part of me is hesitant to list "things". After all, I am so blessed, who am I to ask for more? But that's just it. I am blessed, and God desires to bless, so I'm asking for more. Some of these things may never come, my requests may change, the blessings may show in different ways. That is all okay. When I lived in Mississippi I attended a Sunday School class that the Pastor's wife lead. She was talking about learning to pray for things, and although I do forget some of what she said, I remember her saying to not be afraid to ask for the little things. "Don't be afraid or ashamed to ask for that pair of shoes..."

So while some on this list are needs, some are just wants...

~I want to bless others through whatever means I need to at whatever time I need to.

~More work. I want the business that I work for to be blessed beyond measure, enough work to keep us busy.

~Healing for my skin. I developed horrible excema 3 months after Kaylee was born and it has never let up. It's bad and it needs to go.

~A laptop. Our computer works just fine, so this is more a want, but it would make some of my work easier...

~A new house...

~To find really good deals at yardsales this summer. I know, when my husband reads this he is just going to laugh. Everyone now picks on me for my affection for yard sales. But no one can argue that I have been able to save tons of money by shopping that way. Last year I was able to find some incredible deals on clothes for the kids, and I want the same this year. I view these deals as blessings. I have some bigger clothes for Logan, but Kaylee is about out of her clothes to move into which means that I am going to have to find almost all of her summer clothes...

There are other things that are on my heart, of course but they are not things that I feel are open to be shared at this time.

I look forward to watching God move.

1 comment:

Davene said...

I enjoyed reading this list, and it seems like your perspective about all of it is healthy. God does love to bless His children (just like we love to bless ours), but sometimes the blessings come in different, better ways!