Thursday, August 19, 2010

Checking In

During the day when my energy is at its highest, I have all kinds of ideas for blog posts, including pictures and everything. However, my list of things to do during the day is so long, I don't have time to actually sit down and blog, thus leaving it until later. Once later comes, I rarely feel like writing. It's actually disappointing because I feel like I am going to forget so much from this time because I haven't written it down. Then again, I have to remind myself that there are only so many hours in a day, and so much I can do.

I have been busy sorting through all our baby clothes from both kids. I have no idea how long it actually took, but I'm pretty much done. I have more than 10 boxes of clothes that Logan has outgrown. They're not all huge boxes, but it's still a lot of clothes. These are all clothes we'll either try to sell or give away. I would love to be able to just give everything away, but I feel I need to sell at least some to have money to buy his fall clothes.

One of the first boxes I came across to sort was slightly bigger clothes. THEN I opened a box of his newborn clothes, and it hit me. I started crying, a mix of emotions that I won't have another baby boy to wear them and that my baby boy is growing up. Thankfully, I was all alone with no one to, ahem, laugh at me.

Then I have boxes of clothes ready for Samantha. I painstakingly looked at each and every label, making sure I had everything in the proper box. While doing this, I learning something…of sorts. Either Logan was a much neater eater, or we got better at making sure to use stain out. Kaylee had clothes left and right that were stained, and Logan, not so much. ??

It was actually really fun to sort through these clothes as I remembered certain outfits and thought about what Sam might look like wearing the clothes her big sister wore.

At one point I explained to Kaylee that Sam was going to get her old clothes. She got very quiet, which is not normal for her at all. Although I'm not totally sure what she was thinking, I explained to her that she would keep her own clothes and Sam would only get the ones that were too little for her anymore. I assured her she would continue getting clothes that fit her, and then when she was too big, those clothes would also go to Sam. I don't know, but I wonder if in that little head of hers she was either picturing us getting rid of her, or making her give the clothes on her back to her sister. Either way, once she learned that was not the case, she was so happy to make piles of clothes and shoes that didn't fit anymore.

I was getting ready to give updates on the kids, but I think I'll just do separate posts for that…for the sake of simplicity (or something).

1 comment:

Ellis Family said...

I feel exactly the same way about blogging. I constantly have ideas, but don't get to most of them. But, I figure I'm still a good mom. :)

We're terrible about staining clothes, especially with formula babies. I don't think I could sell any of them! But I tend to find secondhand clothes for so cheap or free so it's not a big deal. So far people love to give me baby clothes for the twins. They see twins and just figure I need help, which is probably the case!