Well, the little girl isn't so little anymore. Every day I see new traits developing in her that remind me of that. She regularly asks deep questions, sometimes to the point that I really don't know how to answer. Tonight, while we were reading The Jesus Storybook Bible, there was mention of someone dying. She then asked me how you die. Normally, I do try to answer her questions, but this is one I decided not to explain right before bed. She has been told some about death, but as surface as I can keep it for a three-year-old, although she does have comprehension beyond that age.
One day she (thankfully) answered her own question about another topic. I had taken a break from work and Adam and I were playing with the kids, as I walked back into the room to work again, I heard her asking Adam, "Daddy, how did the baby get in mommy's tummy?" To which she promptly replied, "I think God put it there." End of story. Whew. (Although I would have liked to have seen Adam's face when she asked the question!)
She asks questions wondering where God is, if He will ever leave her, and if He loves her when she is naughty. One night when she was at my in-laws, she definitely threw Penny for a loop with all of her questions.
I love seeing her mind develop as the depth of her questions deepens, as does her understanding. One thing I have done is to try to always answer her questions honestly, even if it takes more time or is annoying (as 1,000 why's can tend to be).
Kaylee spices up my life like I never would have imagined possible. She challenges me, sometimes to the point I could scream, and then she can turn around and make me melt in the same minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment