Friday, July 16, 2010

It's Becoming a Trend…

…that I am constantly so far behind in blogging. Truth be told, I think about it often, but seriously lack the energy to put anything together. I take so few pictures anymore that Adam thinks I don't even like my camera anymore, which is far from the truth. Hopefully, now that I have reached (beyond) the 20 week mark, I'll be sick less and have more energy…at least for a while until I get too big to move. ;) (I will say that I have continued to read everyone else's blogs, so I'm still caught up.)

A few weeks ago, we went down to Myrtle Beach for the week. It was a great vacation. The kids weren't sick the entire time like they were last year, which (clearly) made a world of difference. Last year Logan still wasn't walking, so he was super easy to contain. We'd dig him a small hole, and there he'd stay. This year…well, watch out ladies, the flirt is on the move. For the most part, both kids were fairly afraid of the ocean itself, so we dug holes and filled them with water and played there. We built and smashed a lot of silly sandcastles, played in the pool almost every day, went to the aquarium, and rode the carousel several times (perhaps Kaylee's favorite).

I took a few pictures…gasp…and will post once they are downloaded.

***


 

You know, with Sam on her way, I've been really thinking a lot about parenting, places I do well, and places I fall short, and well…the unknown. I hadn't really thought about it a whole lot until the other day, but I started thinking about how each of the kids will react to their new sister. I sort of feel I have a better grasp on how Kaylee will react, being as she has been through it before and can communicate her excitement already.

Logan, however, is a concern. Yes, I am concerned that his out of control arm is going to hurl a metal tractor at her face, but more than that (or rather, in addition to that) I wonder how he will feel. He really seems more sensitive about some things than Kaylee was. If she gets to do something and he doesn't, he knows it and lets us know as well. When he was born, Kaylee basically ignored him and did her own thing. We made an effort to involve her in stuff and stay very interested in her, and it seems to have worked.

And it's not that I don't plan to try some of the same things, but I have to wonder what will work with him. I'm not worried about it…we'll take it how it rolls and deal with it, but it is something I've thought of from time to time…


 

***


 

This post is so disjointed, I feel inclined to stop and try to get it together better for the next one. I hope to blog more frequently from now on. I have contemplated dropping it and not even having to think about it, but honestly, I really enjoy it. I know that one day, when I figure out how to print this and all, I won't regret the time I've taken to do it. (Although I'm sure I'll question my sanity.)


 


 

2 comments:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Hi!! I'm so glad that you had a nice trip, and yay for feeling better. Here's to more energy ;) It's so hard to find the time for blogging. And once I'm away from it for a little while it's really difficult for me to get back in the groove. Summer is just so busy, and there hasn't been much time. Anyway, hope you're doing well :)

Davene said...

I'm glad to read an update! It IS hard to find energy for "extras" during pregnancy. But even if you only blog sporadically, I'm still grateful to have this little window into your life. :)