Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quick Update

Since it is a holiday weekend, work is delayed, so I figured I'd better at least update something on the blog… No promises on the quality.

We're in the week before vacation, trying to get the house all cleaned, lists made, things purchased and bought, and keeping up with the normal, everyday things. We're going back to the beach, as next year we won't be able to go…at least not for our full vacation (maybe a long weekend if we get really itchy for the beach). Kaylee just cannot wait to go, and I must admit Adam and I are as excited or more.

We are so fortunate to get to spend a lot of time together as a family. The kids aren't old enough to be into all kinds of activities, but it's still nice to get away and do things we don't do all the time. Adam spent hours and hours online searching for the best deal on places to stay, and his hard work paid off. Last year we had a really nice place, fairly far from the beach front, one bedroom, living room, full kitchen, and balcony overlooking, well…nothing much. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice resort. It was guarded 24 hours a day, and you had to show proper tags to get in. It was close to the places we like to go. It had a large section of beach that pretty much only people who stayed there used. Lots of pools (we got in one once).

BUT THIS YEAR…beach front, balcony overlooking the beach, TWO bedrooms, living room, and full kitchen. (Oh yeah, we had one and a half bathrooms in the last place, and I think we have the same in this one.) I am so excited about not having to walk as far to the beach, and really excited that the kids have a different room. Last year we made it work, but it involved a lot of work.

I'm hoping both of the kids stay healthy as last year they were both pretty much sick all week. We still all managed to have a lot of fun, but it will be so much better if they're not sick!


 

I have started to feel somewhat better on some days. Hallelujah. I'm ready to stop feeling sick all together, but I will take this over what it was.

Kaylee continues to never cease to amaze us with what she says and does. We're working on listening and not whining. I expect this process to be over when she moves out of the house and we can… No, really…it's hard, but she is doing well. We had an absolutely horrible day the other day, and while at the end of that day I was overwhelmed, it made me think of how it could be. Recently, we were at my in-laws house, and Kaylee surprised me by being able to read four entire books all by herself. I know some of it is memorization, but it is still quite remarkable, in my opinion. I need to video her doing this…if she will do it while I video. You know how kids are when you break out the cameras.

Logan…oh Logan. He is so funny. He is learning to say and repeat lots of words. Yesterday I got him saying, "I don't think so," and it is so funny. I have him say it at least 20 times a day (probably more) just to hear it. His favorite things in the world are (other than his taggy and binky) tractors, trains, cars, trucks, and planes. He voluntarily says the word tractor at least 100 times a day. We were trying to get some clothes for the kids at yard sales the other days, and there was a tractor across the street from one of the sales. Adam took him over to see it, and he cried and cried when we didn't take it home. We're talking about a real-life, huge tractor, which I neither have the money or room for. Otherwise, I might be a sucker and buy him one. But probably not.

Oh…and finally, we have other big news….


 

We're….


 


 

Having….


 


 

a….


 


 

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!


 

 

2 comments:

Terisa said...

Kristen, that is too exciting!! I bet you guys are at the beach right now. I hope everyone stays healthy, the weather stays beautiful, and that you all have the most wonderful time. Enjoy those balcony views!! :-) Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Congratulations!!! I think about you often, but you know how life gets in the way. I miss ya ;)