Sunday, as the offering plate was about to be passed, Penny (Mimi) asked Kaylee, "Do you want to give some money to God?"
Kaylee, "Yes…"
As the girl walked off with the plate, with "Kaylee's" dollar inside, Kaylee said, "There goes God."
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
Most of today has been hard. The kids were extra busy this morning as I tried to work. I was having an extra hard time with the work I was doing…for whatever unknown reason. I made naptime earlier. The kids seemed tired. The kids were not tired. Naptime was almost as horrible hard has the earlier part of the morning.
Finally…and I mean finally, they fell asleep. The house became quiet. And in my spirit there was such a release that all I could do was cry. And cry. And cry.
There is something deeply freeing about being able to cry when no one is around. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. You don't have to stop until you are ready. And you don't really have to have a reason.
I spent some time refocusing and the rest of the day went much better.
I am very thankful for a friend who encouraged me during my rough morning. Her long-distance friendship means so much to me, and I am so thankful for her.
I am also thankful for God's orchestration of even our emotions. He knows when to send us encouragement, and He knows when we need to sort things out. There have been times when I have felt sad or lonely or distraught and I've prayed for God to send someone or something to encourage me. And sometimes He chooses not to in order that I might look to Him even more.
(I'm not saying that God is not always our Encourager, but we are relational beings and there are times we need something tangible…it's just how we were created.)
And out of the times when He chooses to be my only Encourager, I have grown tremendously. And when He allows someone or something to step into my life in the exact moment I need it, there is no other explanation other than God's grace. Either way, it's God in my life…showing me who He is.
I hope tomorrow is better than today. But if it should be another hard day, I know God will lead me to the end closer to Him than I was even today as long as I keep my eyes fixed on Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment