Yesterday Adam and I headed off to the woods. His parents watched the kids, and despite the intermittent showers, we were off. Now, I'm a hunter at heart. I like to hunt for bargains...new clothes, purses, jewelry, etc., but that's not the kind of hunting we did yesterday. :) Adam is a true hunter, and because he enjoys it so much, I do try to go with him a time or two each year. I don't shoot though. Me with a gun...scary...
We headed up the side of the mountain and before long I was huffing and puffing. I started to say that I hadn't worked out for seven weeks, but then I realized that beyond our walks, I haven't worked out for almost two years! (as in on a regular basis, and more than walking...) But with some stops, we made it to the place that we were going to settle in for a while to wait. Going off the side of the trail I slipped and fell on my butt - quite the graceful hunter I am!
But we did make it, and although all we ended up seeing was a squirrel, we did have a good time being away together. It was really quiet, and the whole way up the trail the Lord was speaking to me. I dare to say that if I was at home, caught up in the daily activities of taking care of the kids, those words would not have come - at least quite like that.
So even though hunting is not something I would have ever done without Adam, I'm glad that we were able to spend some quiet alone time together.
2 comments:
You think your fall off the trail scared all the deer away? ;)
hehe...perhaps, but I did try to muffle a scream to a very quiet squeak. :)
Post a Comment