Friday, November 14, 2008

Call To Prayer

There are so many things that have been going on recently that I want to blog...
But for now, those things aside, I would like to ask those who read my blog to pray for a certain situation.
A few weeks ago my mom's cousin's daughter committed suicide.
This past week one of my cousin's friends committed suicide (as her brother also had two years ago).
While at the grave side of the funeral of my cousin's friend, a body was found dead-an apparent stabbing-nearby.
After the services it was learned that the person found dead was a friend of my cousin's boyfriend.
Then, one of my cousin's other friends got a call saying that her other friend has just committed suicide.

I know...there are a lot of links...friends's cousin's boyfriends...don't worry about trying to follow who is connected to who. That really doesn't matter. What matters is that there is an epidemic. We need to pray for the young people in our communities.
Pray that they will be loved and feel that love.
Pray that Satan will not have a grip on their lives.
So next time one of us wonders if we should reach out to that college student...the answer is yes.
Let's pray for them and turn this epidemic around.

1 comment:

Davene said...

Kristen, this is so sobering. Thank you for sharing about this, and I will pray with you.

I'm taking some time this afternoon to catch up on your blog--yay!