Monday, April 21, 2008

Can't Decide

My husband and I laugh every time we give our daughter a choice between two or three things...no matter what it is she always tries to figure out a way to choose them all. Most of the time we see this when we are letting her pick her clothes out. I am really not sure why we let her pick her clothes...she really doesn't care if she even has clothes on...I guess it is to avoid one of us having to make a decision. (go figure) We will hold out two or three outfits and let her pick...and pick...and pick...as most of the time she takes all the outfits, hugs them, and walks around her room smiling as if she has been given a new toy. The other day her decision was quite comical however as we were letting her pick her "leash". I guess some people have little kids who are content in a store to be held, or pushed around in a stroller or shopping cart, not Kaylee. She likes to run at top toddler speed up and down as many aisles as she possible can. This is a cure for an exercise plan, but not the most efficient way to accomplish a shopping trip. We figured if she had one of those cute little animals on her back that just happened to have a tail leading to our hands that we might be able to keep her a little closer while still letting her safely explore. Adam held up two animals and of course she took them both. He then placed one on one side of the aisle and the other on the other side. She stood in the middle, shifting her weight from one foot to the other for several seconds, no doubt trying to figure out how her little hands could take hold of both at one time. She did pick one finally and promptly took off across the store running away with the leash in hand. Maybe one day...

2 comments:

Carl8ta said...

cute - i bet that was quite entertaining!!!

Foxy5 said...

Hi, I came over from Christin's blog.

This post made me laugh! We have 2 "backpacks" Wow, do we ever get some looks when we go out with those. Especially when the kids are still TRYING to run and their little arms and feet are flapping around, but I've got a hold of the monkeys tale so they just run and flail in place, monkeys tale pulled and stretched to it's limits. (deep breath) I feel like I should call out "heal! sit! Good boy" But it's a much better option than losing the kids... so we use em.

Thanks for the laugh. :)