Thursday, June 6, 2013

Books and Blogs...

I was thinking about doing a wrap-up post for Kaylee's Kindergarten year tonight, but since she still has to finish up tomorrow, I'll wait. I'm hoping to get a picture with her teacher and her to include. Of course I was at school today and completely forgot to do it. Along with getting back to blogging, I also recently started reading again. I have always loved to read. I'm excited Kaylee loves it too! I had seen a book in Pinterest a while back and then found it at a local discount store. Kisses from Katie. Maybe it's because it's just an excellent book, maybe it's because there was so much in it I needed to read right now, maybe it's because my soul has been longing to get back to my love of reading...whatever it was, it was good. And good for me. As soon as I finished the book, I started reading it to Kaylee. It will be our first summer book we'll read together. While we aren't at the point we can pack the gang up and go to a Third-World country, I long for my children to realize how blessed they are. It's easy for kids (especially in their generation), to be self-centered, oblivious to the needs around them. I suppose that's not just their generation, but all generations. I'm looking forward to the discussions we'll be able to have as we read the book. I'm finishing another book that has been almost-done for a good while. I'll probably need to read it again, too. Tomorrow I'll pick the next book. It feels so good to be reading again.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I've been hearing a lot about that book. I'll need to add it to my list of summer reads. I have been getting back in the groove of reading too. I have a hard time sometimes forcing myself to sit down and read, feeling almost guilty when there is a list of a million other things I could/should possibly be doing. It is so good for me though to escape in to the pages of a book for a while though, and so I do it! It's also good for my kids to see me reading.