As the trend goes, it has been forever since I've posted. The days just get away too quickly. For starters, our house is now on the market. Yeah...big news, I guess. We have been here since we were married, and recently decided it was time for a bigger house. It has officially been listed for a little over a week, and we've had three showings (I think...not sure if the last people came or not...). We have looked at several houses and are keeping a close eye on the market for something that might work.
Ironically, the few houses we were pretty serious about wanting sold. Instead of being sad about it, we take it as a clear sign they were not the houses for us. So the search continues. We can't really do anything until this one sells, so there isn't really a rush. And although it is a lot of work, the nice thing is my house is almost always clean! We have a bunch of stuff packed up that we don't need right now, and the goal is to be able to clean top to bottom in less than an hour. Yesterday we clocked in at 40 minutes, including dishes, vacuuming, picking up toys, scooping the yard, cleaning the bathrooms, and other various cleaning things. Not too shabby, huh? They're supposed to give us 24 hours before a showing, but yesterday it was around 3. It was our choice to still show, but we don't feel it's a smart market to turn down a showing unless we absolutely HAVE to.
In other big news, I'm an aunt! Megan and Justin welcomed sweet Emory Lane on Thursday. She has a full head of dark hair-currently much more than Samantha has right now. The kids are excited about having a cousin. Sam seemed really excited, too. When we showed Emory to her, she spit out her binkey. I think she was going to kiss her...or taste her.
The kids keep getting one cold after another. It's getting to be enough of that. I have vitamins for them to take, but they don't seem to really make a difference. Any other suggestions to keep away the colds?
Yesterday I did a little photo shoot with Sam. I had been meaning to for a long time, so I just did it. The time of day wasn't right, so the lighting was all wrong, and I knew it when I was doing it, but she was being so good, as usual, so we continued. I'll try again to get actual good pictures.
Speaking of cameras...sort of...I have a Canon Digital Rebel with the add on battery pack that takes 6 AA batteries. I use rechargeable ones, but they seem to not be working great anymore. Does anyone know if the actual add on battery holder could need to be replaced, or do you think it's the batteries??
Okay, enough with words, let's have some pictures. That's the best part anyway, right? In no particular order...
Well...more pictures later. It seems to not want to upload today.
2 comments:
Oh she's a doll! I attempted photos of our newest little one recently too. So much to consider with lighting, posing, and such :)
I will be in town the second week of August. Let's plan to get together with Jenny sometime that week. :)
Post a Comment