Friday, May 6, 2011

Just a Quick Post

Just a quick post tonight because I think that's all I can muster after today/this week.

Although we've had some *moments,* the past few days have been so much better with Kaylee. I have been trying to really pay attention to how often she is eating and basically making her snack if she seems to be on edge. I was talking with Adam about it and letting him know we need to pay more attention to that. (Thanks for the suggestion Liz and Jenny.)

He asked if I thought maybe that was part of it, and I said, "Well, I know how I get when I don't eat..." Haha... Let's just say that is a great possibility for her if it runs in the family. It took Adam a while to stop laughing so we could continue the conversation.

I have always been one to prepare her for what we're doing. If we're going somewhere, I let her know. I try to make sure she understands my expectations of her, and I am trying to do that more often as well.

We've done charts, but they quickly fizzle. I think it's a combination of me not following through all the time and her choosing her will over what she wants to do. I have a few ideas we might try to help keep this improvment going.

Finally, I have to keep constantly checking my expectations. I will always hold to high expectations and standards for my kids, but Kaylee is so beyond four, that I often have to remind myself that she is four. Just four. And.I.love.her.

No comments: