Being as it's nearly impossible to organize my thoughts into anything…organized, here are some random things…by number, in no particular order.
1. I have approximately 3-4 weeks left to be pregnant…ever. I'm trying to relish these days, as I know I'll long for them again, but frankly, this one has been the hardest, and I'm ready to see my little one on the outside and have *somewhat* of a body back to take care of the others. Or at least be able to put my socks on without getting winded. Either one.
2. Speaking of the "others," they are more than gracious about my condition. Kaylee has asked more than once to sit on my lap while Logan was already on it, and been denied that option. I just can't do it. She seems to understand and handles it like a very big girl. (I do make time to hold just her, but just don't like the idea of saying no…) She also finds great joy bringing me shoes when we're leaving the house and then fastening their buckles.
3. Logan has decided to start opening doors. Including the front door. (Which is most often locked…) However, the time it wasn't locked, he quickly made it to the front stoop. Nice. Really nice. Mental note…always lock front screen…always.
4. Kaylee continues to absolutely love her preschool. I love it, too. She really is getting the full preschool experience, but on a smaller scale as far as the number of kids who attend. I honestly feel she would never do near the crafts anywhere else, which is one of her favorite things to do in the world. She goes around trying to spell things, making letter sounds, etc. Awesome!
5. My brother is studying at Saint Andrews in Scotland, and we all miss him, but I'm so excited he has this opportunity and I'm praying he makes the most of it. I enjoy when he posts pictures. That campus is absolutely beautiful. I wish my laptop had a camera so we could skype when Samantha comes…that's probably the hardest thing to think about him being gone. She will be close to a year before he comes back.
6. I had an encounter with a mouse in my room the other day…it was nearly more than I could handle. Adam was not home and told me I couldn't shoot the thing. (Although I'm really not sure why…) After spending the night on the couch upstairs, I won the battle with the help of some duck sauce, and there is no more mouse in the house. (Update…a possible family member attempted to put me into labor on another night Adam was at work. It too lost the battle to duck sauce, although at first I had no idea what the noise was in the other room, and grabbed a stick when I ran in.) I would personally like to have had both of these events on camera. I'd be a big Funniest Home Videos winner for sure.
7. I have more tasks and projects around the house than I can keep up with. I'm trying to work as much as I possibly can before Samantha comes as well. There are not enough hours in the day to get it all done…not even close. However, I just keep going and that's all I can do. At least my days before this little one comes are full and not spent idly waiting!
Well, though thousands of thoughts are swimming through my head, that's it for now.
2 comments:
Oh wow, you are getting close!
You used duck sauce to help you battle a mouse? How funny!
I always like to read your humorous take on life; thanks for putting a smile on my face!! :)
Can't believe it's just a few weeks now! Can't wait to see that precious little pumpkin!
Post a Comment