Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Almost Here

I have started to write several different blog posts in the past few days, only to be interrupted by multiple things and I've never finished one. Big surprise, huh? We're on the final countdown. Samantha will be here the 18th, unless she decides to come sooner. For the longest time, I wanted her to come earlier, but now I have everything pretty much planned, so I'm good with the 18th. (Which, of course, most likely means she'll come early…haha) We were so fortunate to have the same midwife deliver both the other kids, and if everything goes as planned, we'll have her for the last.
We have been busy with Kaylee's preschool, frequent doctor appointments, work, church activities and home group, trying to keep up with the house and the laundry and all, oh, and moving Logan to a big-boy bed. That's right, in the middle of all this, he decided he would start climbing out of bed during his nap the other day. Adam had just laid him down, when he went flying down the hall saying, "He's out!" Sure enough, he opened the door, and out walked Logan, pleased as punch. We were able to watch how he was getting out, and determined his method was less than safe...ahem. Most likely, we could have held off and kept him in the crib, but the risk wasn't worth it. We already had a bed waiting, thanks to one of Adam's coworkers whose youngest decided he didn't want his fire truck bed anymore, so it wasn't worth the potential injury to wait being as the bed was ready.
We had originally thought about waiting until Christmas to transition him…or after, really, but you would have thought it was Christmas. He turned into a human siren for the rest of the afternoon. Kaylee was thrilled to play in the bed with him, and also announced she'd sleep with him so he wouldn't be scared.
Funny boy…he is scared to get out of bed when it is dark, but not necessarily scared to be there. Also funny boy…he didn't even try to get out of the crib at my mom's house for his nap today. It's funny…really, really funny. It's such a relief that he is doing well at night (well, so far), but I'm a bit worried about naptimes here at home. I am so not ready to have a newborn and a 2-year-old who needs a nap, but won't. At least I'll have Adam here for the first while to help out.
Sunday, they had a small baby shower, and it was so much fun. We had some sweet friends and family gathered together for some yummy snacks and time together. I can't even say how incredibly blessed we were by the generous gifts we received. I know not everyone gets a shower for beyond the first or second child, but my mom and MIL didn't want to skip Sam, so they decided to put something together for a few close friends and family who lived really close. (We didn't invite family from far away because I didn't want anyone to feel any pressure to make the drive…not because I don't love them all!) Kaylee was excited to help open the presents for her sister, and it was fun to watch her and her best friend, Anna, help grab the bags and look at all the goodies.
We have some busy days in the next week, so as much as I'd like to think I'll post again, most likely the next post will include some cute pictures and a new baby!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see pictures of her!! So soon now!

I also can't wait to hear all about Logan's transition to his bed! Big boy!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I can't believe it's almost time! So excited to meet your precious one :)