I'm so tired. Really, I should be sleeping. Now if I had a dollar for every time I read that on someone's blog, I'd be rich, but I have yet to figure out how to do that.
Ahem.
My baby girl has moved up in the world. She is now sleeping in a big-girl bed! She is actually adjusting very well at night, but naptime is not as great. I mean, really, it's light outside and all of the fun in her room is illuminated. I've opened the door at various time to find her jumping on the bed (not allowed, but ever so fun), standing on her guardrails removing letters from her wall, and playing with various toys.
I honestly can't believe how quickly she is growing up. It seems like just the day before yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital.
It would be absolutely impossible to write down all the new things she does and says in one blog…much less when I'm so tired I really have no idea what I am writing, but here are a few:
1. count to 20.
2. count backward from 10.
3. spell her name.
4. Remember numerous words and phrases in Spanish.
5. Recount entire conversations days after they have happened. (Yes, we have to watch everything we say…I mean eh-vah-reh-thing.)
6. Recognize most letters. (Of course she's been able to say her alphabet for at least a year.)
7. Pray by herself.
8. Put on the charm when she wants to get her way.
9. Make up pretend stories and things to play.
10. Make a friend anywhere she goes.
Well, I suppose I'll leave it at a 10 list. I can't type anymore…
2 comments:
Wowsa! I can't believe she's that big either! I think it must be a shock to see one of your babies in a big kid bed! I can't believe I will have one-year-olds next month! Then comes two, then three, then school, then college, then marriage...and then I'm a grandma. Just like that!
She is a smarty too!
Get some sleep, girl! :) Sounds like you've got a little smarty on your hands!!! How does time fly by so fast? Kam will be a year old in January . . . wha????
Post a Comment