Monday, March 23, 2009

Fun at the Farm

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that we decided to call my aunt and uncle to see if they were going to be around their farm. They said that they were at home and would love to meet us out at the farm to show Kaylee the horses, chickens, baby chicks, cats, etc...

Kaylee loved sitting on the horse and learning to sort of brush the horse. Well...when I told Kaylee to ask Kelly if she could sit on the horse, she looked at the horse's back and said, "It's dirty." So she sat on it only after Kelly got a blanket...oh, my little clean girl! (She is probably the only 2 year old who thinks that the slide at the playground has to be wiped off before she can play...)

Her hand was pretty much too small to really fit the special brush, but she tried. :) Logan on the other hand preferred the cats. They were more his size. After a while he warmed up to the horses, but at first they scared him. He wanted no part in sitting on them.

I think that Kaylee's favorite part was going up in the old playhouse to see all of the baby chicks. She crouched down and kept calling them...come here baby chicks, come here baby chicks...Strangely none of them came to her, but I am quite sure that she would have stayed there for hours.

Rob showed up a little later on his motorcycle and we took a little walk to the pond. Kaylee loved being able to run free and Logan enjoyed just being outside. On warm days I am sure that both these kids would live outside...

Of course, my camera died after one picture, so I'll have to post some once I get them from Pam.

No comments: